Emergency Contingency Plan
The Outagamie County Regional Airport (OCRA) has prepared this Emergency Contingency Plan pursuant to §42301 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012. Questions regarding this plan can be directed to Abe Weber at
. OCRA is filing this plan with the Department of Transportation because it is a commercial airport and this airport may be used by an air carrier described in USC 42301(a)(1) for diversions.
This plan describes how, following excessive tarmac delays and to the extent practicable, Outagamie County Regional Airport will:
- Provide for the deplanement of passengers;
- Provide for the sharing of facilities and make gates available at the airport; and
- Provide a sterile area following excessive tarmac delays for passengers who have not yet cleared United States Customs & Border Protection (CBP).
Name of Airport: Outagamie County Regional Airport
24-hour contact information for airport: 920.832.1633
Name and title of person preparing the plan: Abe Weber, Operations Supervisor - Landside
Date of submission of plan: May 7, 2012
Airport Category: Non-Hub
- Plan to Provide for the Deplanement of Passengers Following Excessive Tarmac Delays
The Outagamie County Regional Airport does not own or operate any of the equipment needed to safely deplane passengers from air carrier aircraft and is, therefore, unable on its own to provide for the deplanement of passengers. Additionally airport personnel are not trained to assist in the deplanement of passengers using equipment owned or operated by air carriers or contract service providers. We will provide a list of airlines, ground handlers, fixed base operators and others who may have the necessary equipment and personnel to safely deplane passengers to airlines that have incurred excessive tarmac delays as soon as practicable after receiving requests from such airlines at the contact number listed above.
- Plan to Provide for the Sharing of Facilities and Make Gates Available in an Emergency
The gates at Outagamie County Regional Airport are under common use leases to air carriers and are controlled by the airport. Following excessive tarmac delays and to the extent practicable, we will request our common use tenant air carriers to make gates and other facilities available to an air carrier seeking to deplane at a gate.
- Plan to Provide a Sterile Area Following Excessive Tarmac Delays for Passengers Who Have Not Cleared United States Customs and Border Protection
Outagamie County Regional Airport does not have international passenger processing facilities. To the extent practicable, we will coordinate with local CBP and law enforcement officials to identify suitable areas and procedures for establishing a temporary sterile area into which international passengers on diverted aircraft who have not yet cleared United States Customs and Border Protection can be deplaned following excessive tarmac delays.
- Public Access to the Emergency Contingency Plan
Outagamie County Regional Airport will provide public access to its emergency contingency plan through one or more of the following means:
- Posting in a conspicuous location on the airport website (http://www.atwairport.com)
Click to view the full PDF version of the Emergency Contingency Plan.